Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hunger Games Part 1

I recently read the book, "Hunger Games," by Suzanne Collins and I loved it. I couldn't put it down. It had flavors of everything I like in an adventure: post-apocalyptic society, life and death struggles, warriors outsmarting one another, and even a little romance. It was so much fun to read that I decided to take a little time and paint a couple of portfolio pieces based on the book.

In this and the coming entries I will take you through how I would approach a project like this.
First comes trying to figure out some ideas - what scene/character do I want to describe. For me, I want to do a hero piece for Katniss first. She's a survivor - a strong and focused character. So I make some character sketches and start to think about what poses would work.

Next time: Narrowing down and picking which sketch to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment